Smart alert escalation for New Relic Alerts
Michael Wittig – 26 Jan 2018
New Relic provides Real-time analytics and full-stack visibility at cloud scale. With New Relic Alerts, you get a single tool to manage alerting policies for the New Relic platform. New Relic Alerts also integrate with Slack, but the native integration lacks many features, such as:
With marbot, you get the missing features to manage New Relic Alerts in a team that cares about production.
- Create a free New Relic account.
- Log in to your New Relic account.
- Click on Alerts at the top right.
- In the sub-navigation, click on Notification channels.
- Click on New notification channel.
- Set the Channel Type to
- Set Channel name to
- Set Base Url to
$endpoint-IDwith the ID of your endpoint. You can get this value by asking @marbot for it on your Slack channel.
- Click on Create channel to save.
To simulate an alert, click on Send a test notification.
The following alert will be delivered by marbot soon.
Read one, if you want to configure which fields are displayed by marbot.
marbot takes the first six fields and displays them in the alert. You can configure those six fields in New Relic:
- Click on Add custom payload.
- Modify the Payload and remove all fields expect up to six important ones (e.g.,
- Don’t forget to click on Save changes to save.
Take your AWS monitoring to a new level! Chatbot for AWS Monitoring: Configure monitoring, escalate alerts, solve incidents.