Setup integration: Amazon Linux AMI Update Notification
AWS maintains three operating systems:
- Amazon Linux
- Amazon ECS-optimized Linux
- Amazon Linux 2
When AWS releases a new AMI version (e.g., because of important security updates), AWS publishes a message on one of the following public SNS topics:
- Amazon Linux:
- Amazon ECS-optimized Linux:
- Amazon Linux 2:
You should update your running EC2 instances as fast as possible if a new AMI is released. You can subscribe to the public SNS topics from AWS and forward AMI Update Notification into your marbot Slack channel.
- Visit https://console.aws.amazon.com/sns/v2/home?region=us-east-1 and ensure that you are in the N. Virgina (
- Click on the Subscriptions link on the left
- Click on the Create subscription button
- Set Topic ARN to one of the public SNS topics (e.g.
- Set Protocol to
- Set Endpoint to
$endpoint-IDwith the ID of your endpoint. You can get this value by asking @marbot for it on your Slack channel.
- Save by clicking the Create subscription button.
When a new AMI is released, you should receive an alert in Slack like this:
AWS monitoring & alerting in Slack
marbot takes care of your Amazon Web Services (AWS) monitoring setup. You receive and close all relevant alerts via Slack. marbot integrates with CloudWatch, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, RDS, any many more.