You need to setup an AWS SNS HTTPS endpoint for this integration!
Amazon S3 can store any amount of data with fast retrieval. Receive S3 Event Notifications when events such as new object created, object deleted, or Reduced Redundancy Storage (RRS) object lost happen in your bucket. S3 provides sophisticated ways to filter events based on type and key filtering (prefix and suffix).
Before you can start to set up S3 Event Notifications, you have to make one change to the SNS topic endpoint that is required for this integration. You have to allow S3 to send messages to your topic.
- Visit https://console.aws.amazon.com/sns/?region=us-east-1
- Click on the Topics link on the left
- Select the topic that you created for marbot
- Click on the Actions button, where you click on the Edit topic policy link.
- Select the Advanced view tab
If this is the first time you edit the SNS topic policy, you should see a default entry like this:
You have to add an entry to the
- Replace ARN with your SNS topic ARN that you created for marbot.
- Click on the Update policy button to save the policy.
Now, AWS is allowed to send messages to your topic.
- Visit https://s3.console.aws.amazon.com/s3/home?region=us-east-1
- Select a S3 bucket
- Click on the Properties tab
- Under Advanced settings, click on Events
- Click Add notification button
- Provide a Name
- Select Events ObjectCreate (All)
- Leave Prefix and Suffix empty
- Set Sent to to
- Set SNS to
marbotor your other SNS topic name
- Save by clicking the Save button.
You can simulate an alert by uploading an object to the bucket.
You should receive an alert in Slack: