UptimeRobot is uptime monitoring service that checks the availability your websites and applications constantly. We use UptimeRobot to monitor the uptime of marbot, for example.
Here is how you configure UptimeRobot to send alerts to marbot. Doing so allows your team to get notified about outages via Slack or Microsoft Teams. By its built-in escalation mechanism, marbot makes sure you are not missing any alerts from UptimeRobot.
- Open the UptimeRobot dashboard.
- Click on your user name or email on the right side of the main navigation.
- Select My Settings.
- Add a new contact by pressing the Add Alert Contact button.
Webhookas alert contact type.
- Type in a friendly name for the alert contact, e.g.
- Go to the Slack or Microsoft Teams channel shall recieve alerts from UptimeRobot.
@marbot endpointto the channel.
- Copy the HTTPS endpoint (e.g.,
- Paste the HTTPS endpoint to URL to Notify.
Use the following POST Value (JSON Format):
Select Enable Notifications for
Up & down events.
- Click the
Create Alert Contactbutton.
Chatbot for AWS Monitoring
Configure monitoring for Amazon Web Services: CloudWatch, EC2, RDS, EB, Lambda, and more. Receive and manage alerts via Slack. Solve incidents as a team.
Add to Slack
Add to Teams