Never miss a downtime with Uptime Robot
Michael Wittig – 02 Nov 2017
Uptime Robot checks if your website is up every 5 minutes for free.
With marbot, you get alerts in Slack for each downtime. To do so, Uptime Robot sends a web request to marbot in case of new downtime.
- Create a free Uptime Robot account.
- Log in to your Uptime Robot account.
- First, you have to create an Alert Contact. Click on My Settings at the top.
- In the Alert Contacts box, click on the Add Alert Contact button.
- Set Alert Contact Type to
- Set Friendly Name to
- Set URL to Notify to
$endpoint-IDwith the ID of your endpoint. You can get this value by asking @marbot for it on your Slack channel.
Set POST Value (JSON Format) to:
Make sure that Send as JSON (application/json). is
- Click on Create Alert Contact to save.
- Now, you can create a Monitor. Click on the Add New Monitor button.
- Set Monitor Type to
- Set Friendly Name to the name of your website.
- Set URL (or IP) to the URL of your website.
- Select marbot under Alert Contacts To Notify.
- Click on the Create Monitor button to save.
Your website should be up. But as soon as Uptime Robot detects a downtime, you receive an alert from marbot.
To simulate an alert, change the URL of your monitor to something non-existent to test the integration.
The following alert will be triggered by marbot soon.
This blog post is provided by marbot: AWS monitoring & alerting in Slack