Get fast feedback from your AWS CodePipeline
Michael Wittig – 21 Dec 2017
AWS CodePipeline is a continuous integration and continuous delivery service that orchestrates builds, tests, and deploys.
With marbot, you get alerts in Slack or Micrsofot Teams when the pipeline fails.
Monitoring Setup Assistant
marbot adds monitoring rules for your AWS infrastructure.
- Add marbot to Slack or Microsoft Teams.
- Invite marbot to a channel.
- In the channel type:
@marbot Monitor my CodePipeline pipelines
- Hit enter and follow the wizard.
- Visit https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudwatch/home?region=us-east-1
- Click on the Rules link on the left
- Click on the Create rule button
- In the Event Source section, set Service Name to
- Set Event Type to
CodePipeline Pipeline Execution State Change
- Enable Specific state(s), and select
- In the Targets section, click on the Add target button
- Select SNS topic
- Set Topic to
marbotor your other SNS topic name
- Save by clicking the Configure detail button
- In the next step, set a Name and save by clicking the Create rule button.
To simulate an alert, you need a CodePipeline that fails. The following alert will be triggered by marbot soon.
Take your AWS monitoring to a new level! Chatbot for AWS Monitoring: Configure monitoring, receive alerts, solve incidents.