Get fast feedback from your AWS CodePipeline
Michael Wittig – 21 Dec 2017
AWS CodePipeline is a continuous integration and continuous delivery service that orchestrates builds, tests, and deploys.
With marbot, you get alerts in Slack when the pipeline fails.
- Visit https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudwatch/home?region=us-east-1
- Click on the Rules link on the left
- Click on the Create rule button
- In the Event Source section, set Service Name to
- Set Event Type to
CodePipeline Pipeline Execution State Change
- Enable Specific state(s), and select
- In the Targets section, click on the Add target button
- Select SNS topic
- Set Topic to
marbotor your other SNS topic name
- Save by clicking the Configure detail button
- In the next step, set a Name and save by clicking the Create rule button.
To simulate an alert, you need a CodePipeline that fails. The following alert will be triggered by marbot soon.
This blog post is provided by marbot: AWS monitoring & alerting in Slack