Handle AWS Batch job failures in Slack or Microsoft Teams
Michael Wittig – 27 Dec 2017
AWS Batch runs batch computing jobs for you.
With marbot, you get alerts in Slack or Microsoft Teams when a job fails.
Set up instructions
Are you in a hurry? Ask marbot to monitor Batch for you and receive alerts in Slack or Microsoft Teams.
It couldn't be easier!
- Add marbot to Slack or Microsoft Teams.
- Invite marbot to a channel.
- Follow the setup wizard.
- You need to create an SNS topic
- Configure your SNS topic to allow messages from EventBridge
- Visit https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudwatch/home?region=us-east-1
- Click on the Rules link on the left
- Click on the Create rule button
- In the Event Source section, click on the Edit link
Paste the following JSON into the text area
"Batch Job State Change"
Save by clicking the Save button
- In the Targets section, click on the Add target button
- Select SNS topic
- Set Topic to
marbotor your other SNS topic name
- Save by clicking the Configure detail button
- In the next step, set a Name and save by clicking the Create rule button.
To simulate an alert, you need a Batch job that fails. The following alert will be triggered by marbot soon.
Take your AWS monitoring to a new level! Chatbot for AWS Monitoring: Configure monitoring, escalate alerts, solve incidents.