You need to setup an AWS SNS HTTPS endpoint for this integration!
This integration requires marbot plus
AWS Auto Scaling is a way to manage a dynamic fleet of EC2 instances. The Auto Scaling Group will keep the number of running instances in sync with the desired value. While the desired value stays in a boundary defined by min and max instances. AWS Auto Scaling Notifications are triggered on:
- Successful instance launch
- Failed instance launch
- Successful instance termination
- Failed instance termination
Depending on your use case you might only be interested in failures.
You need an existing Auto Scaling Group for this example to work!
- Visit https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/autoscaling/home?region=us-east-1
- Click on the Auto Scaling Groups link on the left
- Select the Auto Scaling Group you want to monitor
- Select the Notifications tab
- Click on the Create notification button
- Set Send a notification to the marbot SNS topic
- In Whenever instances, select the events you are interested in
- Save by clicking the Save button.
When an EC2 instance is started, e.g. because you increase the desired capacity manually, you should get an alert in Slack via a direct message: