You need to setup an AWS SNS HTTPS endpoint for this integration!
Amazon CloudWatch provides metrics that you can observe with alarms. I will show you how you can monitor your AWS bill. If your bill goes above a certain threshold, an alert is sent to marbot. You can not only monitor your AWS bill in CloudWatch. CloudWatch provides much more!
- Visit https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudwatch/home?region=us-east-1
- Ensure that you are in the N. Virgina region
- Click on the Alarm link on the left
- Click on the Create Alarm button
- Click on the Total Estimated Charge metric under Billing Metrics
- Select the only line
You should now see the following screen:
- Click on the Next button on the bottom
- Set a Name and a Description for the alert
- Set the threshold to $0 to make sure an alert is created (for test purposes only, you can change this later)
- In the actions section at the bottom, set Send notification to the SNS topic you created, e.g.
- Save by clicking the Create alarm button.
Within a minute you should get an alert in Slack via a direct message: