Monitoring Jump Starts: Node.js 10 update
Michael Wittig – 13 Nov 2019
AWS recently announced that we are not able to create Lambda functions running on Node.js 8 after January 6, 2020. Monitoring Jump Starts connect you with all relevant AWS sources for comprehensive monitoring coverage. Some of our Jump Starts rely on Lambda functions. Therefore, we updated the Jump Starts to use Node.js 10 instead.
The following Jump Starts require an update:
|Monitoring goal||CloudFormation Template URL|
|ElastiCache memcached cluster||
|CloudFormation Drift Detection||
To update a Jump Start:
- Visit the AWS Management Console.
- Double-check the selected AWS region.
- Search for marbot.
- Select a stack and grab the matching CloudFormation Template URL from the table above (the Description has to match the Monitoring goal here!).
- Click on Update.
- Select Replace current template and paste the CloudFormation Template URL into the Amazon S3 URL field.
- Click on Next.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Next.
- Once again, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Next.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources.
- Click on Update stack.
- Repeat this procedure for every CloudFormation stack that is based on the updated Jump Starts.
- If you use more than one AWS region, repeat the procedure for each region.
AWS Lambda ends support for Node.js 8. To prepare for the future (January 6, 2020), you have to update our Monitoring Jump Starts as described in this post.
Further help is available here:
- Monitoring Jump Starts source code: https://github.com/marbot-io/monitoring-jump-start
- Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take your AWS monitoring to a new level! Chatbot for AWS Monitoring: Configure monitoring, receive alerts, solve incidents.